1) Flossing is good for your health and the health of your teeth.
2) If your tooth needs a root canal, getting the treatment done would generally be better than pulling your tooth.
3) When filling a space from a single missing tooth, and implant/crown most likely will be a better option than a 3 unit bridge.
4) Most people do not have room in their mouth for wisdom teeth to erupt and be functional.
5) Cosmetic dentistry can be done to improve your smile.
6) Having your child wear a mouth guard when playing sports will decrease the chance of dental injuries.
7) Decreasing your exposure to acids from carbonated sodas, sports drinks and medical conditions such as acid reflux will reduce acid erosion on your teeth. Acid breaks down enamel.
8) Dentures are more stable when implants are used underneath, especially on the lower arch.
9) Bad breath can be caused from bacteria in your mouth breaking down food particles between your teeth. Flossing can help to remove the bacteria that was not reached by your toothbrush, decreasing your bad breath.
10) Dental “insurance” is not like medical insurance, and is not real beneficial beyond maintenance procedures.
If you have any comments, questions or opinions on these quick dental tips, please post them below!