What is a Dental Emergency?
What would prompt you to call a dental office for an emergency visit? There are a number of indications where a call to the dentist would be recommended:
- Fracture of a tooth or crown
- Crown loose or off completely
- Pain and swelling with wisdom teeth
- Sore areas involving dentures
- Cosmetic problem involving a front tooth
- Swellings and sores in mouth
In order to determine what type of appointment to schedule you for when you call, be ready to answer a few questions, such as:
1) Location and duration of pain
2) Any medications taken to relieve pain
3) Is the tooth sensitive to hot, cold, or pressure?
4) Is there any drainage?
5) If a crown came off, is there anything inside of the crown?
At our office for patients of record, we try to get you in for an evaluation of your dental emergency within 24 hours, when possible. When this is not possible, we will refer you to appropriate specialists or refer you to urgent care for immediate evaluation of your dental emergency.
Dr. Elizabeth Fleming and The Staff at Desert Ridge Smiles 480-860-4300